.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

support micro-entrepreneurs

A work at home mom (WAHM)journal. FunTables are unique hand painted children's furniture.

Friday, August 26, 2005

My Purpose

People are amazed that I actually build the children's furniture. They almost always ask, "You built that?" "How did you know how to build it?" Most of the time I say, I just bought the tools and began cutting. I was sitting here thinking today... that's not necessarily true. While I was in high school, I remember being the only girl in the shop class. Although I enjoyed shop, the reason I took the class was to meet guys. Had I known better, I would've been in Home Economics... that's where the boys were. LOL! It just reminded me that I've never put limits on myself, "I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me." That shop class, fixing broken irons, crocheting, drawing, painting knitting, playing my clarinet, majoring in Math... all done from my youth. I had no clue as to what I was doing sometimes, but I believe I was preparing me for the life I'm living at this moment.
My purpose!
Now had I taken Home Ec, I'd probably be a better cook, but as long as my chef continues to work for me, we won't starve. Well, he or she actually works at Walmart or Kroger. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home